Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Feedback Strategies

I read the articles

The Difference Between Praise and Feedback

and


My biggest thing with feedback is being specific about it.  My favorite of the articles I read was Specific Feedback that Helps Learning because I couldn't agree more with it.  Feedback should, in my opinion, contain two major points.  It should include the best part of the person's work and how they did it right, and the other is the worst part of the person's work and how they might improve.  This gives much more perspective for the student looking to see how a teacher/peer sees their work.  Feedback is supposed to help grow a person, thus focusing on what they do best and worst gives them both worlds.  Not only will they do what they do well, but they will do better at what they don'd do well at.

I am also a huge believer in process praise.  A student that isn't challenging themselves should not be praised by their effort, because there was very little effort.  Praise for work is the best praise.  At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how gifted a student is, it is how willing they are to keep improving themselves!

Praise picture: sourced via Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment